Not only does using table linens show guests that you value cleanliness, but it also impacts the look and feel of a restaurant. Whether you’re just opening or rebranding, it’s important to consider what message the table linens you choose sends to your diners. And, if you’re an institutional launderer, it’s important to make a variety of rental options available to your clients.
White & Black Table Linens
White adds cleanliness and sophistication to any table setting. This neutral color complements any style or color of dinnerware and glassware. No wonder so many restaurants choose classic white tablecloths and napkins. If you want something with high contrast that’s still versatile, consider black table linens. White plates, mugs, and serveware will pop atop a deep dark black background.
Black and white table linens can work in any style of restaurant, whether you’re a casual family restaurant or a fine dining establishment. And, if you choose black or white for your main tablecloth color, adding pops of color with table runners, cloth napkins, or placemats is simple.
Colorful Table Linens
Colorful tablecloths can add fun and excitement to a casual eatery. Even fine dining establishments or five-star hotels can get in on the fun with colorful cloth napkins. What color you choose may even influence your diner’s appetites, purchasing habits, or thoughts about your restaurant:
- Yellow, beige, or white: If your dining room has bright lights, a study from the Journal for the Integrated Study of Dietary Habits suggests that these colors promote appetite and conversation.
- Light shades: Light shades work well in high-end restaurants and bistros that want to create a relaxing, leisurely environment.
- Earth tones: Natural earthy colors like brown, beige, dark orange, and olive green create a welcoming atmosphere. Earth tones also reinforce important business characteristics like a focus on healthy foods, a vegetarian menu, or sustainability.
- Red: There’s a reason so many quick-service, fast food, and fast casual restaurants use red in their branding and decor. Red can increase patrons’ heart rates, make them feel hungry, and make them feel rushed, which can all help with your turnover rate.
- Shades of blue: Blue table linens enhance the ocean aesthetic at a seaside or seafood restaurant. The color blue also increases thirst, which could translate to increased drink orders at nightclubs, bars, or coffee shops.
- Yellow and orange: Yellow and orange can make diners happy and hungry while giving your place a vibrant energy. Avoid bright yellow and orange if you’re trying to create a relaxing atmosphere.
Tips for Picking the Right Color of Table Linens
Designing your dining room takes time and intentionality. As you’re thinking about what tablescape color scheme to choose, consider the following:
Tip 1: Restaurant Branding
Incorporating your brand’s colors into your table linens can help you create a memorable experience for your guests. As they glance around the dining room, your brand’s style and colors are reinforced, creating a cohesive look for your entire business. You can choose tablecloths or table runners that have a color in your logo or complement your logo’s colors. Cloth napkins or placemats can more subtly introduce your brand’s colors to the table setting too.
Tip 2: Seasons
Choosing seasonal table linens is another option. Consider changing your dining room decor as the seasons change or adding special holiday table linens into the rotation. For example, red cloth napkins could make a special appearance at Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, and the Fourth of July. Autumn colored table runners or linens could adorn tables during the fall months and Thanksgiving.
Tip 3: Overall Style
Don’t forget about the overall tablescape appearance. Consider how your typical dinnerware, glassware, utensils, and serveware will look when placed on the tablecloth or placemat in your restaurant. Think about the overall decor and atmosphere in your restaurant, too. Design a tablescape that will draw in your customers, complement your restaurant’s aesthetic, and highlight what’s on the plate.
Let Venus Help You Set Your Table
Team up with Venus to bring your dining room’s color scheme to life. Offering tablecloths in more than 29 colors and a variety of cloth napkins, we have the restaurant and hotel table linens you need to create a functional yet elegant space for your patrons. Get in touch with our textile experts today by calling 800.421.6599 or emailing us at email@example.com.